Saturday 21 April 2007

Settling In

As my esteemed friend Jared (if I knew how to work the intraweb, Jared's name would be in blue and underlined, and would link to www.thecarnivoreproject.com - sadly, I don't, and so it isn't/doesn't. Is there a certain rustic charm to that, or is it just annoying? Yeah, thought so.) has rightly pointed out, I'm already acting like an experienced blogger - I haven't updated for over a fortnight. Sorry about that. (What's nice is how sincere that apology is - Jared's our only reader thus far (prove me wrong) so it's genuinely personal.)

Anyway. Sportwise, this recent fortnight has mostly been taken up with Ed getting ready to leave the place where we work(ed) together, us throwing a surprise 30th birthday party for his lovely girlfriend (she thinks this blog is a 'silly boy project' - that means she likes it), and my discovering that Ed 'knows' that Kobe Bryant is a rapist and that he plays some kind of ball for the Los Angeles Giants. Or Wolverines. I could carry on - we went through most animals. It was bloody exciting.

Anyway - Ed is now in China, and will be for the next two weeks. I did think about asking him to post from there, but he's got other stuff to worry about. So essentially, this begins with a vengeance when he gets back.

In the meantime, I could post about the frustration of watching the Os lose to Leicester, or how bizarre it is to realise that the Australians just won't lose at cricket. I could mention the Grand National, and how I nearly put money on Silver Birches because I once nearly lived at a house called Silver Birches, but didn't, only to discover that my friend who knows about that kind of thing had been tipping him all week and a lot of other friends had made a lot of money off it... But that would just be a distraction. And frankly, that last one just pisses me off.

So - things to come. Ed and I are going to head to the races. We're going to go and see the Heineken Cup final. We're going to buy scalped tickets to the FA Cup final. We're going to go and watch a pair of as yet undecided teams play cricket. And we're going to watch some strangers play darts in a pub - possibly a pub near you. And that, as the cliche goes, is just the beginning.

Ed doesn't know any of this yet, which makes it even better.

I also have a bit of a climax ot the whole thing in mind - I'll tell you about that a bit later. Once I've told him.

He's away for a couple of weeks, but I'll keep it ticking over in the meantime - there is, after all, the conclusion of the cricket world cup to bear in mind. Cynics might suggest that it's only right the Cricket World Cup should last approximately three weeks longer than anyone's interest therein - I'm just looking forward to watching Australia play Sri Lanka. Again.

Sport's great, isn't it?

No comments: